*Please note: If you wish to take only the Intensive Greek or Latin courses, you may apply to UGA as an undergraduate transient student (more info) and do not need to complete the Summer Institute application.
Send to Graduate Admissions by April 1st:
2. Two official transcripts from each institute of higher education
3. Official Report of GRE score
4. Three letters of recommendation
For additional information, visit the Graduate School website.
Send to the Department of Classics by April 1st:
1. Personal statement form
2. List of authors and works read in Latin and/or Greek (excluding works read only in translation) form
3. Writing sample: a 5-15 page research paper or other written project
5. Out-of-state Latin teacher certification form. Current teachers who submit this form are awarded a summer tuition reduction to the in-state rates
In addition to applying for the Richard A. LaFleur Teacher Scholarship, Latin teachers who participate in the Institute are also strongly encouraged to apply for scholarships from the American Classical League (ACL), theClassical Association of the Middle West and South (CAMWS), and theHorace Mann Companies.
Deadlines which fall on Saturday, Sunday, or holidays will default to the next working day.
See the Bursar's Office web site for more information on tuition and fees.