*Please note: If you wish to take only the Intensive Greek or Latin courses, you may apply to UGA as an undergraduate transient student (more info) and do not need to complete the Summer Institute application.
Send to Graduate Admissions by April 1st:
2. Applicants should submit unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended as part of the online application. Unofficial transcripts not submitted as part of the online application can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts are not required during the review process and will only be required for applicants who are offered admission. Do not mail official transcripts until offered admission.
3. Official Report of GRE score
4. Personal Statement
5. Three letters of recommendation
7. Writing sample: a 5-15 page research paper or other written project
For additional information, visit the Graduate School website.
Send to the Department of Classics by April 1st:
1. Richard A. LaFleur Teacher Scholarship Application (optional) Please download and fill-in information on form, save and send as attachment to: email@example.com
2. Out-of-state Latin teacher verification form. Current teachers who submit this form are awarded a summer tuition reduction to the in-state rates. Please download and fill-in information on form, save and send as attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to applying for the Richard A. LaFleur Teacher Scholarship, Latin teachers who participate in the Institute are also strongly encouraged to apply for scholarships from the American Classical League (ACL), the Classical Association of the Middle West and South (CAMWS), and the Horace Mann Companies.
Deadlines which fall on Saturday, Sunday, or holidays will default to the next working day.
See the Bursar's Office web site for more information on tuition and fees.